Turn the clock back 20 years, 30 or 40 years. The backyard was the playground, extending back into the forest, no fences. The squirrels and birds watched as you played below. The fort was made, but there were always grand improvements you dreamed of. A little extra here, a piece of plywood there.
Mom is calling you in for supper.
That is how I remember childhood. Playing outside all day, eat, sleep and repeat. Fortunately I too am able to raise my family this way. Many however are in more urban settings, and don't have the same wide open spaces available.
Pack up the family, it's time for a camping trip! Getting your kids outside for the weekend can be a huge release of energy. Fresh air and a little sun seem to be the best way to assure worn out kiddos. And don't worry about a little rain. I've had some of the best family adventures in some really sour weather!
Need sleeping bags, pads, or fun little camping extras to make your trip complete? We can help. Bring Big Agnes into the field, you are sure to maintain your sanity through comfort!
There are so many reasons to get outdoors this summer with the family.
- Mood - Research shows that outdoor exposure improves mood and protects against depression
- Body Image - Ever realize that full-frontal mirrors at the gym put the focus on what you look like rather than what you're doing? If you're out in a natural environment, you're better able to focus on how it feels to move your body and what your body can do.
- Renewed Focus - Researchers at the University of Michigan found that the relaxed quiet of outdoor environments actually allows our brains to recharge. Leave over-stimulation behind, tune into the subtle details of nature like budding leaves and animal tracks.
- Fewer Symptoms of ADHD - Unstructured outdoor play reduces symptoms of ADHD, suggesting a walk down a beach or along a trail might be just what the doctor ordered
- Enhanced Creativity - Creative problem solving actually improves after several days in nature says a recent study out of the University of Kansas.
Don't wait, plan your next get-a-way now! Whether 30 minutes or 3 days, we promise you'll feel better and your family will thank-you!